Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The wisdom of supermodels.












The Wisdom Of Supermodels.


I did not compile this list myself, but I found it disturbing/interesting enough to share...

1. ON COURAGE: "They were doing a full back shot of me in a swimsuit and I thought, 'Oh my God, I have to beso brave. See, every woman hates herself from behind.'" -Cindy Crawford

2. ON POVERTY: "Everyone should have enough money to get plastic surgery." -Beverly Johnson

3. ON FATE: "I wish my butt did not go sideways but I guess I have to face that." -Christie Brinkley

4. ON SELF-ESTEEM: "I loved making 'Rising Sun.' I got into the psychology of why she liked to get strangledand tied up in plastic bags. It has to do with low self-worth." -Tatjana Patitz

5. ON ARRIVING: "Because modeling is lucrative, I'm able to save up and be more particular about theacting roles I take." -Kathy Ireland, (star of'Alien From L.A.')

6. ON PRIORITIES: "I would rather exercise than read a newspaper." -Kim Alexis

7. ON INNER STRENGTH: "I love the confidence that makeup gives me." -Tyra Banks

8. ON TRAVEL: "I haven't seen the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, the Louvre. I haven't seen anything. I don't really care." -Tyra Banks

9. ON BREAKTHROUGHS: "Once I got past my anger toward my mother, I began to excel in volleyball andmodeling." -Gabrielle Reece

10. ON HEREDITY: "My husband was just OK looking. I was in labor and I said to him,' What if she's ugly?You're ugly.'" -Beverly Johnson

11. ON THE BASICS: "It's very important to have the right clothing to exercise in. If you throw on an oldT-shirt or sweats, it's not inspiring for your workout." -Cheryl Tiegs

12. ON PARADOX: "Sometimes I get lonely, but it's nice to be alone." -Tatjana Patitz

13. ON TRAGEDY: "The worst was when my skirt fell down to my ankles but I had on thick tights underneath."-Naomi Campbell

14. ON INSTINCT: "If I'm making a movie and get hungry, I call time-out and eat some crackers."-Carol Alt

15. ON OCCUPATIONAL HAZARDS: "I tried on 250 bathing suits in one afternoon and ended up having littlescabs up and down my thighs, probably from some of those with sequins all over them." -Cindy Crawford

16. ON ECONOMICS: "I don't even wake up for less than $10,000 a day." -Linda Evangelista

17. ON THOUGHT: "When I model, I pretty much go blank. You can't think too much or it just doesn't work."-Paulina Porizkova

18. ON DEPRIVATION: "If they had Nautilus on the Concorde, I would work out all the time."-Linda Evangelista

19. ON MOTIVATION: "It was kind of boring for me to have to eat. I would know that I had to and I would."-Kate Moss

20. ON VERSATILITY: "I can do anything you want me to do so long as I don't have to speak."-Linda Evangelista

No comments: