Thursday, March 09, 2006

Birthdays.

Birthdays are pretty cool. If nothing else, they give one a chance to be taken out to eat by friends and family. And free presents!

The strangest part of the day itself is looking in the mirror and thinking, "Gosh," (I don't really think in terms of the word 'gosh' but you know what I'm saying), "I've had this body for thirty-six years" or "I've these these teeth for thirty years."

How many hours of TV have I watched in my life? I wondered in italics. How many good deeds have I done? How many pounds of sugar have I eaten?

Probably alot.

Although I never would have predicted this particular destination, the bottom line is that I'm very happy with where I have landed in life. But the truth is that this is not the final destination by a long shot. It's a point on the journey.

Or a pit stop, for you NASCAR fans.

2 comments:

Scott Roeben said...

Americans eat 134 pounds of sugar a year, according to Dribbleglass.com. And the average American watches 28 hours of television per week. So, that's 1,456 hours a year. Holy crap.

Scott Roeben said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.