Thursday, February 16, 2006

Suing for lost time.

I love frivolous lawsuits. They're just so damn entertaining.

Author James Frey wrote a drug and alcohol memoir called "A Million Little Pieces". It later came out that many of the "true life" anecdotes from the book were exaggerated and inaccurate.

Now, readers are suing Frey and his publisher for time they lost while reading the book.

Oh, great stuff. Imagine the possibilities! Can I sue the DMV for time lost waiting to register my car? How about time lost waiting on hold on the phone? What if I go to one o' them sales pitch meetings and decide I don't want to buy their product. Can I sue them for the time I spent listening to them? Perhaps even for the gas I used driving over there.

God bless America.

1 comment:

Scott Roeben said...

Hey, you just wrote a little comedy routine there! Have you ever done stand-up?